February 13, 2010

Blizzard of '10

We received over 8 inches of snow--the largest I have ever seen in my life! And the most our state has received since 1973. It is absolutely beautiful!
"Who's woods these are, I think I know...."
Love my Robert Frost scenery.
You see those few flakes? That's called a blizzard, according to my kids.
Yes, I know it started yesterday, but today was glorious! What a treat for Valentine's!
Mabry had to practice snow angels. Seriously, this is the first she has ever made:
My uncle came by to help unstick Matt's work vehicle that slid into a neighbors gate and stayed there. Micah would have preferred to just ride the tractor.
We did lose power for a few hours last night and got the joy of watching the snow gleam in the moonlight. This snowfall has made all of our Little House on the Prairie readings even more memorable.

We also figured out that a whole lot of snow and a little sweetened condensed milk, along with a handful of chocolate chips, makes for a delicious snow cream!

post signature

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Looks like you all are having fun. I am curious though, where do you live that you have never seen more than 8 in of snow? Are you in the south somewhere?

Melinda said...

Mrs. Darling, we are in SC. We are so snow deprived, our whole state will shut down at the mention of a flurry! Lol This was truly a treat--the adults had as much fun as the kids. Sadly it's almost gone; we sure did enjoy it though!