July 1, 2008

Why I've been MIA from the blog...

Every year our church celebrates the 4th of July in a really BIG way! This massive production involves 100s of people and almost every group within the church.

This year the girls got to twirl their baton with their dance class/best friends.

Then they handed off their batons and grabbed their props to participate in the children's part of the production. We had about 3.5 seconds to make this transition--good thing my kids thrive on chaos! Here Double Trouble get to represent the states of Idaho with a basket of potatoes and Mississippi with a mud pie sign.

This is the first year that the entire family had a part. I helped backstage a bit with the children, before heading upstairs to interpret the second half of the preformance. Matt, who normally handles traffic detail, parked a few cars then changed into a Founding Father so that he could sign the Declaration.

I didn't get any pictures of the honored military veterans, but every year I'm struck by all the horrors these men and women endured. The Greatest Generation sacrificed much so that we can continue to be free nation. I'm saddened that so many people want to change those freedoms.

Anyway, here's the most anticipated grand finale...indoor fireworks!

Now that's all the rehearsals/performances are over, I'll probably be MIA for another few days, as I climb a mountain of laundry and dirty dishes.

Enjoy your 4th!

No comments: