August 2, 2013

Friday Favorites: Zentangle

I discovered zentangling a few months ago during a therapeutic walk through Hobby Lobby. I say therapeutic 'cause I just feel better--and inspired--and creative--once I leave.

Many times I challenge myself to find something that I don't know how to do but may be interested in learning. This particular time I made way to the drawing isle. I own many drawing pencils and tools...but have never really used them. My eye landed on this book:


and my artistic life has been changed!

Zentangling is simply relaxed doodling. I love that there is no right or wrong way. And the supplies are easily accessible: paper, pencil, fine line pens. We use our gel pen collection to add color.

We now have a zentangle kit that goes wherever we go. So that when we have a few minutes of wait time, we pull out our journals and doodle.

Here are a few items the kids and I have drawn:




No comments: