May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



I'm so blessed with 4 of the wildest, most imaginative, energetic and creative kids around. Because of them, this season of mothering is, um...well...entertaining. And never, ever boring!


My lively little ladies truly tried to do something nice for me for Mother's Day, but when they put all their pennies together, they only came up with $2.87. They dug through the couch cushions, but came up empty-handed. They even looked though my money cup in the laundry room, but I had emptied that last week to buy me a cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic (gotta love that 2-4pm Happy Hour). ;)


So they went to their daddy, and he gave them a great idea--a gift certificate to Pampered Chef.


So, CG typed the gift certificate message and then each girl personally colored in a heart. They were a bit upset that the markers bled through the creases on the fold...but I think it's darling nonetheless.


I find it funny that I will now own an apple peeler/corer/slicer thingy from PC, especially since I'm inept at all things related to cooking. But my kids will get great use from this tool and I won't have to stand over the sink peeling and de-coring and cutting apples for these kids as their baby teeth continue to fall out--they can do it all by themselves!


And that is the greatest mother's day gift! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

I have that apple peeler for PC and I use it to cut and core thousands of apples every fall for apple sauce. It really does work. Sounds like you had a great mothers day!