March 12, 2008

What you can accomplish without a computer...

  • Reading: I have about 7 books on my reading shelf...I read a little bit out of all of them.
  • Housework: Matthew wanted me to mention this--he's so excited by the clean floors!
  • Friendship: I called a few friends and had a real, non-email conversation with them.
  • Reading with the kids: We read a lot more of the Burgess Bird Book for Children. We read mostly in the evenings which is typically the time of day I'm working on design projects.
  • Bird Watching: You can't read a book like that and not start observing the birds flitting around your yard! Besides in some of our readings, we discovered that the hummingbird weighs less than a penny. And did you know that they can fly backwards and upside-down at the same time?
  • Organization: Okay, I really didn't do much of this...but it would have been a good idea. ;)
  • Cooking: I made tried and true family favorites since I didn't have inspiration from allrecipes.com. Which means we had tacos, spaghetti and take-out pizza.
  • Bedtime: I got to take my time tucking each child into bed. That's always a treat for them and me, but sometimes I rush through it so that I can start on a project. This week I was able to laugh and sing and simply enjoy my girls as they prepared to drift into dreamland.
  • Bible Study: I started a new Kay Arthur study on the book of Acts. I'm really going to enjoy this one.

And now my computer is fixed. A local place took it apart, cleaned out the sand (yes you read that right)--I suppose it's one of the things we deal with when living in the country. I thought they'd brush away cookie bit or crumbs from a chicken nugget. Nope, it was sand. I'm not even going to think about how it made it's way there.

So now I'm back online. But I'm still going to enjoy my newfound simple (nondigital) life. :)

No comments: