September 1, 2008

Farewell to Summer

For this Labor Day weekend, we treated the kiddos to Micah's first beach trip. Being a boy, he already loves water and dirt, so he was truly in heaven on the shore. I couldn't keep him still enough for a picture, so I have a collection of random images where I mainly caught his backside or only half his profile as he walked out of my viewfinder.
Our favorite beach houses a lighthouse. I didn't climb it all, but the Matt and the girls did. I got the luxury of sitting in the air-conditioned car while baby beach bum deeply napped.
Matt took the picture of the girls on the top of the lighthouse:
And one of the girls took a picture from that viewpoint:
I'm sad that summer is winding to a close. Of course, here in the South the summer last far longer than the calendar says it should, since today's high is in the 90s and there's no stopping this stifling heat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: